Founding Android Engineer
Ramp (View all Jobs)
New York, Miami, Remote
1. Phone interview on a basic applied problem 2. Followed by 2-3 onsite programming interviews that test practical day-to-day software skills.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
About the Role
We are building our first Android app and we are looking for someone to design, lead, and architect the launching of this app. You have a strong sense of ownership and enjoy owning projects from inception to scaling in production. We value people who take pride in their work and show an aptitude for learning quickly, whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and have a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and launch Ramp’s first Android app
- Help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- Code review, set engineering standards, mentor, and own quality
- Work with other engineers to build the necessary backing services for the app
- Work with Product and Design to plan and identify key features to make the app successful
- Work alongside product and business teams to understand customer feedback in order to constantly improve our product
- Partner closely with our Talent team to recruit and hire amazing mobile engineers
What You Need
- Minimum 4 years of mobile development experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience preferred
- Proficiency in Kotlin for Android development
- Strong understanding of mobile design patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of Android UI components and Android SDK
- Understanding of security best practices for mobile apps
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Experience launching at least one mobile app or several features that reached a large number of users
Nice to Haves
- Experience with web apps (React, JS, etc.)
About Our Teams
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄