Developer Advocate (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
You’ll join the API team to work on the API product at Brex. The API product at Brex is a new, fast-growing program for growth businesses. You’ll drive many 0 → 1 initiatives to grow our developer community and define developer engagement strategy.
As a member of the API team at Brex, you will be responsible for the success of external developers on Brex.
- Represent Brex in the developer community. Create engaging content, demos, and workshops to inspire developers to build on Brex.
- Partner closely with the Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience teams to set strategy and goals to make the Brex APIs successful.
- Create and run a playbook to enable self-service for developers to use Brex APIs, including providing hands-on support to developers.
- Maintain and enhance developer.brex.com, including writing integration guides and tutorials.
- Work with our Business Development team on strategic partnerships that require an API integration.
- Help the team measure developer satisfaction.
- Experience building apps against 3rd party APIs.
- Proficient building against an API in at least one language (polyglots welcome).
- Obsess about improving the developer experience for API partners.
- Empathetic written and spoken communication. You can translate complex technical ideas into something concise and clear.
- Familiarity with API standards like HTTP, REST, GraphQL, OpenAPI, and OAuth.
- Experience using API clients like Curl, Postman and low-code platforms like Zapier.
- Experience working with analytical tools such as SQL.
- Prior experience building or maintaining a developer community.
- Experience with financial services.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄