Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Platform
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
What We Do
The Orchestration team is responsible for the tools and processes that go into moving code from commit to production. We ensure that every engineer at Mapbox is able to confidently and safely test, deploy, and release their code with minimal overhead while still allowing teams to customize the process to fit their unique needs. Our team is looking for engineers in Canada to help round out our coverage of the Eastern Time Zones.
What You'll Do
With Orchestration, your focus will be on how we can make shipping features easy for Mapbox Engineers. You will develop and maintain the tools that Mapbox engineers use to test, deploy and release software, as well as work with teams to improve their ability to understand how their systems work and respond to issues more quickly.
- Design and deliver solutions that let engineers build and ship new features quickly and confidently
- Build scalable, sustainable tools that support Mapbox’s engineers in delivering excellent experiences
- Partner with teams to understand their needs and unique requirements
- Be an advocate for best practices in CI/CD, observability and operational excellence
- Work heavily in AWS services and systems
- Participate in our on-call rotation
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A user-centric approach to building software and tools
- Familiarity with the CI/CD process and common issues that developers face
- Understanding of what makes a good user experience
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄