Team Lead, Transaction Risk
Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Trust & Safety
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our user’s funds and ensuring the integrity of Gemini’s digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Risk Operations - Team Lead - Transaction Risk
Gemini’s Trust & Safety team is looking for a team lead to contribute to Gemini’s efforts to create the most trusted virtual currency exchange. In this role, you will be the leader of the Transaction Risk Operations vertical, and responsible for proactively identifying, investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing payment and transaction fraud, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. You will play a major part in building and setting the direction of a high-performing team.
- Lead the operational fraud review team that conducts proactive investigations focusing on money and digital asset movements through analysis of disparate sources of data (trade activity, server logs, customer support tickets, blockchain analysis etc.)
- Formulate, implement and document investigative rules & policies that help the company effectively fight transaction fraud, including but not limited to wire, card and ACH fraud
- Extrapolate lessons learned from investigations & inform upgrades to the fraud detection rules and operational guidelines to help the company more efficiently fight transaction fraud, including but not limited to scams, debit card fraud, first and third party ACH fraud and others
- Scale fraud support while optimizing operational efficiency and quality
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreement and guidelines for timely resolution of issues
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Security on improving processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- At least 5 years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud, or advanced Customer Support team handling incident investigations or other relevant investigations experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience in leading an operational team
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions
- Data exploration and analysis in spreadsheets (formulas, lookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and SQL is a huge plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄