Systems Architect - Partners
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
Java, Perl, Ruby, PHP
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Overview of the Partner Systems Architect Role
Are you a problem solver? Do you actively identify the potential roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions? Are you excellent at running technical discovery processes and can clearly articulate how PagerDuty can positively impact an organization’s digital operations.
Then this is the right opportunity for you.
As the Solutions Architect you will be responsible for supporting technical relationships and technical initiatives with our global technology ecosystem, strategic partnerships and alliances. You will manage our technical solution planning and architecting with key partners, PoCs and prototyping with partners, partner enablement, technical evangelism, and develop strong technical partner relationships.
You are an extraordinary partner who enables others to succeed.
This is a strategic, high-impact role as part of the centralized global technology and systems integrator partner teams, expanding our integrated solutions and value propositions, driving revenue (ARR) growth through joint go-to market (e.g., co-marketing, co-sell and field teaming, sell-through business models), and enhancing our market leadership. You will collaborate closely with alliance directors for each partnership as well as cross-functionally with product management, engineering, sales, solutions consultants, marketing, etc to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
You’ve got technical chops. You demonstrate a knowledge of DevOps, Cloud, IT monitoring tools or IT Operations. You run the technical discovery process, and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers and partners design integrations to provide seamless implementation with their current technology stack, and can effectively collaborate with product management and services teams.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to stakeholders from business and technical backgrounds. You have the ability to curate those learnings in order to deliver partner enablement remotely and onsite. You are focused on creating processes that are repeatable and scalable in order to drive partner and customer adoption.
You are excellent at multitasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team. You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
You are a creator. You build scalable, measurable processes that enable partners to self-serve their own success. You support creativity by providing partners with product demonstration mentorship and lab environments. You can help shape the next generation of PagerDuty’s technology ecosystem and marketplace.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Our Partner Solutions Architect is the primary technical contact for the PagerDuty technology & SI partner ecosystem. Whether it is enabling partners to better architect their solutions to support PagerDuty products, prototyping strategic partnership technologies, driving Proof of Concept projects or participating in co-marketing initiatives with key partners, you are focused on initiatives that drive partner, customer and revenue growth for PagerDuty.
- Manage technical partnering initiatives and technical relationships as part of our strategic alliances and technology partnership ecosystem
- Develop close relationships with key technical stakeholders in the partner organizations
- Manage technical solution planning and architecting with partners
- Manage demos, PoCs, and prototyping with partners
- Collaborate with product management and engineering on product roadmap requirements and planning for integrations that require engineering investment
- Manage technical enablement for strategic alliance partners and their technical staff (e.g., partners’ SEs and consultants)
- Represent and evangelize PagerDuty’s products and technology with strategic partners and in joint go-to-market initiatives (e.g., joint events, webinars, blogs)
- Coordinate with our solutions consultants on internal technical enablement for partnerships and facilitate technical field engagement as needed
- Entrepreneurial with bias for action
- Strategic perspective on how to create value through new solutions and integrations with partners
- Broad ability and interest to work with many different products and technologies across Cloud, DevOps, IT Ops
- Able to manage or coordinate multiple technical projects in parallel
- Highly collaborative externally with partners and internally (e.g., PM, Engineering, Solutions Consulting, Sales, Marketing, Support)
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional technical experience as a pre-sales engineer, solution architect, product manager, solutions consultant, or in similar roles
- Track record of high performance in prior roles
- Hands-on experience with solutions architecting, product integrations & APIs, and customer deployments
- Able to do basic scripting (Java, php, Ruby, Perl) and fundamental knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, or other IaaS/PaaS)
- Experience with at least some DevOps and IT Ops products and processes
- Master’s degree or additional years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in working with strategic partners
- Hands-on experience with SaaS environments
- Hands-on experience with AWS environments
- Hands-on experience with IT monitoring (e.g., New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog), analytics/logging (e.g., Splunk) and/or IT service management (e.g., ServiceNow, Atlassian)
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄