Staff Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Staff Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Our mobile engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve the Gemini mobile app, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and marketing managers to present a shared artistic vision.
- Focus on leading technical decision making building highly complex, highly trafficked, consumer facing web services
- Build elegant and efficient maintainable solutions in React Native
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS and Android
- Act as the go-to expert in with an increasingly strategic mindset
- Drive technical innovation, processes, and best practices required to deliver best-in-class mobile applications
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team of engineers
- You have 4+ years of React Native experience
- You have 6+ years of frontend/mobile development experience
- You have a strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and a demonstrated record of design sensibility
- You have knowledge of mobile best practices and stay informed about innovations in the mobile industry
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Experience with using Storybook for UI component documentation
- Experience with React Native Reanimated 2
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄