Senior Software Engineer, Integrations
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you'll do
Brex is looking for a software engineer to build and maintain integrations and internal tooling as part of our Business Systems team. This role is responsible for the app and data integrations that keep our enterprise running seamlessly, as well as internal tooling to enable employee productivity and security. You’ll build foundational systems and integrations that will help our business scale. This team is just getting off the ground, so there’s a lot of opportunity to put good solutions in place right from the start.
- Develop products that will enable integrations between Brex's core products with the back office applications
- Define the application and data integration strategy that IT will use for our enterprise services
- Own the IT internal tools portfolio and make sure the services we’re delivering are having the highest impact
- Recruit top talent and scale out the team by getting the right people in the right roles
- Ensure that our services are robust, resilient, secure, and compliant
- Build a strong technical culture around our integrations and tools that emphasizes engineering excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences
- You have deep hands-on experience with software development, data integrations, and internal tooling
- You are a strong coder and are proficient in languages such as python
- You’ve used off the shelf integration tools such as Workato and Snaplogic, and can make informed build vs buy decisions
- Technical project management experience, including implementing sprints and agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to help the business define requirements, articulate benefits, track progress, and illustrate tradeoffs to all types of audiences
- Prior experience running software development teams in a modern technology environment
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄