Engineering Manager, Brazil (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager at Brex, you will lead & support incredible teams to shape the future of our products and company. We’re looking for a servant leader who values growing the people on their teams alongside a strong desire to develop collaborative & effective organizations.
- Build, lead, and grow successful engineering teams alongside shown commitment to recruiting great talent. Recruiting is everyone’s responsibility at Brex.
- Set direction for engineering team strategy, share context by elaborating the “why”, empower everyone to achieve their best work, and drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Guide teams to build and deliver high quality products at scale against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Inspire a collaborative culture and uphold Brex’s values alongside high engineering standards to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role managing individuals on teams.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- Experience driving initiatives across entire engineering organizations and cross-functional teams while setting clear expectations, timelines, and direction.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
- You have high engineering standards and drive yourself & your teams to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, processes, and more.
- Previous experience having founded a venture or were a foundational member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄