Senior Software Engineer - Event Orchestration
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Senior Software Engineer - Event Orchestration
Why We Need You
We often hear from customers that they’re dealing with unmanageable levels of noise and complexity, which makes it harder to pinpoint root cause and get to resolution quickly. All this effort spent on sifting through noise, processing events, and gathering context results in a lot of wasted time.
This is when the Event Orchestration feature that our team built comes in handy. Event Orchestration addresses the problem of event processing, providing customers with the ability to turn their billions of events into dozens of actionable alerts or incidents, through the use of standardized transformations, enrichments, and automation. You can read more about it here.
We are continuing to work on the next generation of the Event Orchestration and if you find this interesting, then you might want to join the Event Orchestration team.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing, and shipping APIs, backend Elixir applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- We test in production, so you’ll be involved in planning and running experiments where we deliberately stress our systems to find weaknesses and fix them proactively.
- We own the UIs used to configure & view usage of our backend applications, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our designer to implement customer-friendly React front ends that consume our team’s APIs.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- You will work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to build solutions that solve customer problems.
- You will be participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging, and addressing production issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful engineering projects.
- You’ve had experience designing & implementing distributed and highly available systems, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with your team to build & test elegant solutions.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy - you view other opinions with an open mind and clearly communicate your thoughts in order to reach technical solutions quickly.
- 8+ years of development experience, designing and operating large SaaS applications with scalability, availability, and the customer top of mind.
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Elixir, Python, Ruby, Scala etc
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments
- Experience with the AWS cloud ecosystem.
- Significant development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄