Systems Engineer, Atlassian
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, GRC, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you'll do
In this role you will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the Atlassian suite of tools, primarily Jira and Confluence, and partnering with teams across the business to address their planning and execution challenges.
- Meet with stakeholders across Brex to understand the challenges they face and propose technical solutions.
- Develop documentation and training material to help end users be self-sufficient and take full advantage of our Atlassian investment.
- Maintain a healthy environment, ensuring we are following best practices and our implementation is scaling.
- Act as Tier 3 SME for ticket escalations related to Atlassian products.
- 5+ years of experience administering Jira and Confluence in an enterprise environment
- Experience helping to scale Jira and Confluence in a high growth environment
- Strong scripting skills in python, groovy or a similar language
- You are passionate about improving the user experience and automating away the toil
- You have experience gathering requirements from stakeholders and designing solutions against business requirements
- You have an Atlassian certification such as ACP-120
- You have developed or contributed to an Atlassian plugin
- You are a certified scrum master or agile practitioner
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄