Senior Software Engineer, Care Experience
Ginger (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Realistic coding exercise 2. Take-home project 3. Virtual onsite (system design, experience, and culture)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Sr. Software Engineer, Care Experience
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
Sr. Software Engineer, Care Experience at Headspace Health:
Headspace Health is seeking a Senior Engineer to join its Care Experience team and be responsible for building out the service stack that supports our mental healthcare products such as behavioral health coaching, chat, psychology and psychiatry video sessions and ML driven interactive content. As part of this team, you'll be tasked with architecting and executing on the creation of our care service platform. We are open to both full stack or back end focused candidates.
This position is open to remote candidates inside the US.
Perks of becoming a Happy Dot (team member):
- Unlimited PTO
- MINDays (2 Fridays off each month)
- Global offices
- Benefits that start when you do (no waiting period for medical)
- Wellness stipend
- Fun, positive, collaborative environment!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at our high scale
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems
- Experience with one or a few of the following: Python, Django, Node.js, TypeScript
- 1+ years web front-end experience: HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, ReactJS / AngularJS (or equivalent)
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure / defensive code, including the use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity
About the Company:
Headspace Health is the world’s most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace and Ginger have come together at a critical moment of global need. Headspace Health will democratize mental health and wellbeing so people around the world are supported by a full spectrum of affordable care. In addition to its vast library of mindfulness and meditation content, our behavioral health system offers emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Headspace Health is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace Health, please apply with your resume and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄