Principal Data Scientist
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Why We Need You:
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering features with a focus on data science and machine learning. You will anticipate data and science-related bottlenecks, suggest escalation and investment wherever necessary, communicate immediate and long-term technical as well as strategic solutions and trade-offs, and will possess an excellent capacity to manage time. In addition, you will demonstrate emotional intelligence as you navigate stakeholder relationships championing data science and machine learning in the organization. If you are technically savvy, innovative, and excited about fostering an environment amongst our engineers that helps create avenues for success and learning, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
How you contribute to our vision: Key Responsibilities
- Build data-driven solutions to solve business-critical problems across multiple domains
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other data scientists, product managers, engineers, and designers to solve complex problems that deliver business value
- Drive and Influence leadership to drive more data-informed decisions
- Provide guidance, technical leadership, and mentoring to other members of the team
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches addressing potential systemic pain points and technical debt
- Graduate degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or related quantitative field.
- You have 8+ years of experience using machine learning for building data-driven product solutions for large-scale systems.
- Hands-on experience in Python, SQL, and other related tools
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset to drive research projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Strong ability to justify technical prioritization and communicate scientific work in a clear and effective manner to stakeholders, other engineers, and Product
- Experience working with Engineering teams ensuring a timely delivery
- Ability to articulate difficult technical nuances to different audiences
- Passionate about the field of data science and creating impact in the organization driving strategic data science ROI discussions
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄