Software Engineer, Product
Rockerbox (View all Jobs)
United States, Remote
1. Phone screen with pair programming 2. 2 hours of pre-interview prep 3. 4-hour final interview with situational questions, another pair programming, and presentation and discussion of pre-interview prep outputs.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Software Engineer, Product
Rockerbox fuels the growth of leading Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brands such as Tula, Figs, Burton, and NoBull. Our guiding principle is that no marketing organization should require a data engineering team to make data-driven decisions. We take on the technical challenges of collecting and consolidating all marketing data into a single platform to enable any marketing organization, big or small, to focus on their core strength: building their brand.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for making the platform more intuitive, robust, and actionable for our customers. As a member of the Product Engineering team, you will collaborate with your teammates across Engineering, Product Management, and Services to build impactful new features and iterate on existing ones to meet the evolving needs of our current and new customers. Some sample projects include:
- Enabling customers to visualize the journey of users across multiple marketing channels
- Supporting customers with data engineering teams by integrating directly with their Data Warehouse and making their marketing data and insights available where they use it
We are looking for engineers who thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment and will make a direct impact on the next version of our product as we scale from 100 to 10,000 customers.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy building products across the stack to deliver value to customers
- Care deeply about helping and supporting team members to complete projects
- Have a strong curiosity in understanding how products are used by customers
- Think critically about the trade-offs between short-term impact and long-term code maintainability
- Proactively learn new frameworks and tools to advance yourself and the product
- 3+ years experience contributing to large, well-maintained codebases
- Experience with building or integrating with data pipelines and data warehouses
- Experience with aggregating, analyzing, and modeling data to extract insights
- Experience with building scalable web services
- Experience with one or more databases in our stack: MariaDB, Cassandra/Scylla
It’s not expected for candidates to have extensive experience in all of these areas. Most Rockerboxers started with some and acquired the rest through regular teaching sessions and collaboration with other engineers.
Rockerbox started out as a marketing channel to help brands to attract new customers. However, we found that we were frequently given less credit due to misattributions that resulted from the fragmentation of marketing data across multiple platforms. So we pivoted the company to solve this problem. We created a platform where brands can integrate all of their data--addressing the data fragmentation problem--so they can understand the contribution of each marketing channel in bringing them new customers.
Rockerbox is in a continual state of evolution. We are not impeded by past decisions and strongly believe that what has gotten us to where we are may not be what gets us to where we want to be. We value transparency and encourage all Rockerboxers to speak their minds and take actions that will make the company or the product a better version of itself.
Rockerbox is a remote-first, equal opportunity employer and we actively encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄