Senior Full Stack Engineer
Calendly (View all Jobs)
1. 45 min chat with engineering director 2. Take-home assignment 3. All day technical & cultural fit interview. Tech assessments include system design, extension of the takehome assignment, and bug fix pairing.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what’s really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide—with hundreds more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we’re looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly’s Engineering team?
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you will have the opportunity to help us build and cultivate a product used by millions worldwide. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. In this role, you can expect to work autonomously and troubleshoot independently, as well as pair program and work with cross-functional teams with the priority of creating a great experience for our customers.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. The successful individual will write well tested software and grow into a full stack specialist. You will learn to be comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Elasticsearch, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies in a SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with quality assurance about implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Write thorough tests for new functionality
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 7+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Deep proficiency with web application development
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Drive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku Hosting Platform
- Working with build systems (Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.)
- Working with remote teams
- Knowledge of Rspec
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄