Senior DevOps Engineer
Mode (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA
1. Phone interview 2. Onsite pair-architecting and discussion
Location: Anywhere in the US. Our engineering team is fully distributed
Salary range: $155,000-$225,0000
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Our DevOps team is responsible for maintaining our AWS production environments, containerization with Docker, and infrastructure as code setup using Terraform. We are hiring DevOps engineers to help build immutable infrastructure while providing observability and monitoring.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker, SaltStack, CloudFormation
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Circle CI
What you'll do
- Work with the rest of our software engineers to build application services that power our core product
- Research and evaluate technologies for what we build - determine priorities by estimating projects' potential impact
- Manage and deploy our core cloud infrastructure components
- Expand and improve our build and release automation process
- Build and advocate for tools and frameworks that promote self-service, observability and other devops methodologies across the engineering org
- Collaborate, learn from others and teach those around you
What we look for
- You approach problems with a software engineering mindset
- You recognize opportunities to automate and simplify
- Lots of experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with security best practices and networking a plus
- Alignment with Mode's values
We are particularly excited if you bring experience building integrated development environments.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄