Senior Software Developer
Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
- Would you like to build an award-winning online grocery store?
- Develop groundbreaking healthcare or communication and media services?
- Or even build software for national defense and security?
Our award-winning tech community is looking for top-notch software developers to join our office in Helsinki.
At Reaktor, we work on strategically critical projects that are at the core of our clients' businesses and our society. And these projects need to continue moving forward in unprecedented times as well.
As a software developer at Reaktor, you’ll
Help our industry-leading clients adapt and stay ahead of the curve
Your daily tasks include:
- Working together with a hybrid team of developers, designers, strategists, and the client to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action, pick the right tools and technologies, and shape the result – together
- Continuously delivering functional, high-quality software including commiting working code, performing code reviews for peers, and helping develop the team’s ways of working
- Taking your share of the responsibility for the team and the project and having the vision and drive to do more than just “type in the code”
- Being able to maintain a healthy work-life balance: you'll be ready to pick up your kid from daycare or switch to your favorite hobby on time
Experience with multiple languages and technologies – and great collaboration skills
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- Understanding of the underlying principles of software development and an ability to transfer your knowledge and skills to new technologies or domains
- A demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and practices.
- An ability to help the team to improve its ways of working: you share what you learn, help others, learn from your peers, and ask for help when needed
- The ability to communicate your ideas and opinions effectively and convincingly both verbally and in writing without forgetting to listen to others
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Additionally, you must be eligible to work in Finland
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
Our experts are the foundation of our high-quality client work, and your wellbeing is always our utmost priority. You’ll be supported with internal training and events, development discussions, various hobby clubs, and an altogether comprehensive benefit package.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- The freedom to impact how you work. Your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well. Your coworkers are likely as experienced as you are, and they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work (free moving day, moving van & other cars to loan for free, sick child care services, office space to use for your private events, etc.).
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. We offer +35 internal training events on average every month, +15 community events and several 15-minute coffee breaks to discuss hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in longer academy-like studies like leading a team, delivering challenging projects, Cloud Academy, Mobile Academy, GraphQL Academy, UX Academy, and much more.
- 300+ hobby clubs from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery that bring people together outside (and sometimes inside) of office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
In addition to our culture perks, we’re offering you an extensive benefit package including the following and more:
- Extended healthcare services, with broad-spectrum specialist services included
- Dental care up to 250€/year
- 300€/year for exercise and relaxation
- 200€/month lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Travel and health insurance
- Company shares
- Bicycle benefit and commuting benefits
- Subsidized massages
- A phone of your choice with a phone subscription
- Internet subscription of your choice
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
- A programme to support Open Source work
- Freedom to work remotely wherever in Finland full-time, or work up to two months from another EU country
- Support for possible relocations and help to acquire a residence permit if needed
Help us build the future! Drop us a line via the form below and introduce yourself!
P.S. Listen to our podcast Fork Pull Merge Push. The second season is out now.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄