Hands-on Software Architect
Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
- Do you want to be a senior member of a cross-functional software development team and work as a critical link between business and technology on a wide range of juicy and challenging projects?
- Are you an experienced software architect who's looking to do actual development work and keep current with the latest technologies?
- Do you desire to shape your role and the responsibility to deliver a wide range of development tasks while also coaching teammates?
Our award-winning tech community is looking for a hands-on software architect to join our office in Helsinki.
As a hands-on software architect at Reaktor, your job is to
Be the link between the client’s business needs and technology solutions
Your daily tasks include:
- Discussing actively with your client aiming to understand their organization and critical business needs and how technology solutions can support their goals
- Finding out how your client’s technological ecosystem is built and how the technical solutions currently perform
- Determining the requirements for your client’s technical solutions regarding e.g. functionality, scalability, security & performance
- Working closely with your team developing the technical solutions that would help your client improve their performance
- Constantly learning. We do our part to advance our field and always look for better ways to work
A skilled collaborator looking to stay at the top of their game
To thrive in this position, you’ll need:
- Broad knowledge in building digital software products and their associated architectures
- Previous experience in hands-on coding with concrete results and working with Cloud technologies. We’re not looking for a specific amount of experience, but we’ve found out that it usually takes 8+ years of working in the field to reach the expected level.
- A curious mind that is open to change – we want to continue learning all the time, and you should know your stuff and understand what you don’t know.
- Fluency in either English or Finnish and good communication skills (written & spoken)
Why join us?
For two decades, we’ve been developing qualities and capabilities for adapting, reacting, and supporting change – building Reaktor to hold up in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the well-being of our people.
While working at Reaktor, we’ll provide you with:
- The freedom to impact how you work. Your team chooses the approach, technologies, and methodologies you think will work best in any given situation.
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- A team that’s not only experienced but considerate as well. Your coworkers are likely as experienced as you are, and they all want you to succeed.
- A sustainable work-life balance and support for your daily life outside of work (free moving day, moving van & other cars to loan for free, sick child care services, office space to use for your private events, etc.).
- An opportunity to grow as a professional. We offer +35 internal training events on average every month, +15 community events and several 15-minute coffee breaks to discuss hot topics in tech and design.
- A possibility to take part in longer academy-like studies like leading a team, delivering challenging projects, Cloud Academy, Mobile Academy, GraphQL Academy, UX Academy, and much more.
- 300+ hobby clubs from winter swimming and running to knitting and archery that bring people together outside (and sometimes inside) of office hours. Many of these are supported by Reaktor.
In addition to our culture perks, we’re offering you an extensive benefit package including the following and more:
- Extended healthcare services, with broad-spectrum specialist services included
- Dental care up to 250€/year
- 300€/year for exercise and relaxation
- 200€/month lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Travel and health insurance
- Company shares
- Bicycle benefit and commuting benefits
- Subsidized massages
- A phone of your choice with a phone subscription
- Internet subscription of your choice
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
- A programme to support Open Source work
- Support for possible relocations and help to acquire a residence permit if needed
Interested? Drop us a line via the form below and introduce yourself.
P.S. Listen to our podcast Fork Pull Merge Push. The second season is out now.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄