Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
Interested in tackling challenges across different business domains while using the latest technologies?
Eager to work in a team where best practices such as automated testing, continuous delivery, and functional programming are the starting point, not the goal?
Curious to find out what working in a managerless environment feels like?
Good, keep on reading!
Our Lisbon office is looking for a Front-end Engineer to solve juicy digital challenges at scale, share expertise with team-mates and clients alike, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Helsinki, NYC and Tokyo.
As a Front-end Engineer you:
- Have 4+ years of professional web development experience
- Take care of both the technical and human side of projects. You can reason your idea to the client and navigate challenging situations if needed.
- Are familiar with React / Vue, automated testing & deployment
- Dabble outside of the browser every now and then (e.g. setup simple CI pipelines)
- Look forward to taking an active part in shaping your team’s ways of working and programming practices.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on the shiny and dirty bits of the codebase.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses. Having a consulting background is a plus.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
Salary range: €40.000 - €65.000 per year.
We are committed to fair and gender neutral salaries.
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe. But what really makes us different is our Nordic culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance with a possibility to work flexible hours; high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team willing to connect beyond work.
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Flexible working hours
- Work trips between EU offices
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Get paid to do Open Source work
- Company shares
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year
If you’re not based in Lisbon, no worries. What’s important is that you’d be willing to come join us. To make sure we’re a home for top talent like you, we offer a nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
Working in teams and helping clients is our bread and butter. Reaktor’s cross functional teams consist of Front-end Engineers, Backend / DevOps & SRE specialists, Designers, Data Scientists, and Coaches. We unite our efforts to help future-thinking companies like adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, and FC Liverpool succeed in their world-scale digital endeavours everyday.
We are currently operating in a hybrid model. We believe in the benefits of having face-to-face time with the team in the office 3-4 times a week, and we also help you to set up an ergonomic workstation at home. You can always take flexible time off as long as it works for the team and the client.
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the digital future together. You can take a look at Reaktor’s initiatives and actions here and check out Reaktorians’ thoughts on how the tech industry could be a better ally to women.
Sounds like you? We need to meet!
💻 We’ll start with a brief video chat, just to say hi. Hi!
👋🏽 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better. We call this the Attitude interview.
😎 Next up is a technical interview. Tech interviews are cringy, we get it. We try our darndest to be as real world as possible. No brain teasers, or sorting algos here!
📃 Finally, the closing interview. Here we discuss practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
❤️ You’re in!
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄