Software Engineer - Growth (Product, Acquisition, Martech)
Ramp (View all Jobs)
New York, Miami, Remote
1. Phone interview on a basic applied problem 2. Followed by 2-3 onsite programming interviews that test practical day-to-day software skills.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
About the Role
The growth engineering team owns the pre-sale Ramp product experience. We are responsible for developing growth technology to multiply efforts across sales and marketing teams. We experiment and analyze the best ways to grow and creativity is a must. We are a new and growing team so each individual will make an outsized impact. Learn more about our problem space and environment at our new engineering blog!
What You’ll Do
- Grow Ramp to its next millions of users through growth technology.
- Scale our sales and marketing functions using software
- Drive business goals through experiments and metric-driven software development.
- Work in a small, cross-functional, dynamic engineering team with partners in business operations, marketing, sales, and product
- Lead and mentor other engineers across various teams within the engineering department
What You Need
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a software development role preferred
- Experience shipping fast, reliable, real-time applications using modern development tools
- Ability to improvise and develop creative solutions when common approaches fail. Strong value of pragmatism over idealism in times of uncertainty
- Perpetual curiosity and passion for honing your craft
Nice to Haves
- Start up experience as a technical co/founder, growth, or data roles
- Experience with SQL and data warehousing/pipelining tools
- Understanding of the tools that power marketing automation, personalization, attribution, and analytics
- Marketing Tech | Build mission-critical CRM and analytics infrastructure to make Ramp’s sales & marketing efforts as efficient as possible. Involves close collaboration with Business & Revenue Operations, Sales, Growth Marketing and Data teams to drive total customer pipeline
- Tech stack: Flask (Python), SQL, React, APEX Salesforce
- Tools used: HubSpot, Salesforce, AWS Lambda, Segment, Retool, Amplitude
- Product Engineering | Build within the core Ramp platform to onboard and activate customers at scale. Involves close collaboration with Customer Success, Lifecycle Marketing, and the core Product and Engineering teams
- Tech stack: Flask (Python), React
- Tools used: Datadog, Segment, Amplitude, Retool
- Web Engineering | Build & maintain everything related to Ramp.com. Involves close collaboration with Design, Growth Marketing, Partnerships and Product Marketing to strengthen our brand awareness and web presence
- Tools used: Webflow, Segment, Amplitude
- Acquisition Engineering | Collaborate with the outbound sales team to bring automation and efficiency to the laborious sales process
- Tech stack: Flask (Python), SQL
- Tools used: Outreach, Retool, QuickSight, Salesforce
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄