Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Aura Frames (View all Jobs)
New York City, United States
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Followed by a few hours onsite writing code in our actual codebase.
$160,000 - $220,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, Ruby, Python
Why We Matter: Aura connects people around the world through a brilliant and simple photo-sharing experience. Founded by two early Twitter engineers, Aura began as a software company driven to connect people and deliver joy. We liberate the wonderful photos that might otherwise stay trapped on smartphones. Technology and innovation are at the core of every decision we make, but always in the service of bringing families and friends closer together.
We have a large network of digital picture frames across the world delivering photos to users. We apply computer vision and machine learning technology to millions of photos every week to help filter, layout, suggest, and display users' photos. We have experienced 150% year-over-year growth, and the scale of our network continues to grow.
How You Will Add Value: You will join our small infrastructure engineering team to improve and scale our api infrastructure, serving hundreds of thousands of happy customers every day. Our infrastructure supports the apis for our iOS, android, web, and IoT embedded software that comprise our product.
What Excites You About An Opportunity:
- Scaling/Optimizing backend software and infrastructure to support large increases in traffic
- Supporting new api features in concert with product teams
- Classifying and prioritizing tasks based on ROI
- Identifying and executing ongoing reliability tasks (e.g. load testing, autoscaling)
- Identifying and executing forward-looking service/framework improvements
We use different languages for our backend domains:
- Ruby on Rails for API servers
- Go for load testing
- Python/BASH for DevOps
AWS is our cloud provider, and we primarily use:
- ElastiCache (memcached)
- RDS (PostgreSQL)
We're Excited About You Because:
- Worked on a small team at a growing startup
- Worked as part of a infrastructure/backend performance team
- Cloud infrastructure management
- SQL database performance optimization
- Backend software performance optimization
Because You Matter: We believe in creating a happy and supportive work environment, so you can both excel at your job and actually enjoy coming into work each day. Compensation for this role will be in the $160,000 - $220,000 range.
For full-time, US-based employees. Benefits may differ for part-time or international roles.
- 🏥 Comprehensive health plans - Aura pays 100% of the premium for employees and 50% for families.
- 📈 401(k) with match - Aura fully matches the first 4% of your salary contributed
- 🌯 Lunch and snacks - In SF & NY Offices
- 💪 $150 monthly fitness allowance - gym, coaching, etc
- 🏝 Generous time off - and you’re required to take at least 10 days off each year
Aura Home Inc. All rights reserved, Aura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄