Engineering Manager (Frontend)
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$171,500 - $246,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
We use a modern tech stack: React, TypeScript, Redux Sagas, Apollo, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Webpack
Textio's mission is to build software that creates understanding between people. Textio’s category-defining augmented writing platform has already transformed the way that thousands of companies write and hire, and we’re looking for a creative and driven Engineering Manager to help us bring our software to more places people write every day.
2021 was the strongest year in Textio history. We shipped several new products and doubled the size of our customer base. 2022 promises to be even more exciting: more new products coming to market, an ambitious revenue plan, and substantial team growth.
As an integral part of our Application Engineering function, you'll lead the Textio Everywhere team, which is responsible for bringing Textio's industry-leading user experiences to life everywhere our users write. The team builds and maintains our rapidly-growing extension infrastructure, including a browser extension that can bring Textio's guidance into any writing surface on the web as well as an extension for Microsoft Outlook.
At Textio, we believe that when we build together, we build better. As an Engineering Manager you will partner closely with teams across the Research and Development organization and beyond to evolve our in-market product used by Fortune 100 companies, as well as develop new products that we are bringing to market this year. This is a great opportunity to work across a wide range of products and technologies while building your team to grow Textio's vision.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of Frontend and Full Stack engineers to guide the technical direction of Textio’s extensions—both for our existing products and new products we are developing
- Develop your team’s capabilities through hiring, mentoring, and hands-on management
- Coach members of your team through the variety of interpersonal, technological, and methodological challenges they face day-to-day
- Jump into the code with your team
- Understand the career goals of individuals on your team and work to find opportunities that support their growth, match their proficiency, and are aligned to Textio’s success
- Balance near-term priorities with longer-term bets, exercising strong decision-making skills about which problems need a “just-enough” solution and which require deeper investment
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years leading collaborative teams in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- You encourage leadership, mentorship, and a growth mindset in those around you
- You're willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- You lead with curiosity in your work and synthesize information quickly across technical, business, and organizational concerns
- You bring strong systems-level and Product thinking to your work in order to help develop the vision for a broad set of technical capabilities
- You feel ownership over hitting shared goals across teams and are excited to collaborate with partners across the R&D organization
- You communicate a point of view but are low ego
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based. Our positions are open to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $171,500 - $246,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please contact our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄