Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Textio (View all Jobs)
1. Initial screen to discuss experience and interest in a role at Textio 2. Take-home programming task is discussed during a 1-hour tech screen (on-site or remote) 3. Finally a larger take-home project, simulating real work, is discussed during an on-site presentation plus 1-1s; How we hire
$151,500 - $218,500.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Note: We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Textio's mission is to build software that creates understanding between people.
Our category-defining augmented writing products deliver insights into organizations’ culture and language patterns, helping build more equitable workplaces. We’re looking for a creative backend Senior Software Engineer to help us design and build the platforms that power our products.
As an engineer on the Shared Services team, you will collaborate closely with other engineers to create the core platforms on which our products are built. We build our backend services using technologies such as Python, Docker, AWS Fargate, Lambda, CDK, and RDS Postgres.
You will be joining a welcoming and collaborative team at a company with language and data at its heart. We’re seeking a new teammate who will bring experience, skills, and perspectives that complement and strengthen our own.
What you’ll do at Textio:
- Work in a small, empowered team to find economies of scale for Textio’s core capabilities and craft them into usable and reliable platforms
- Develop patterns and tools to make quality and costs measurable, visible, and predictable
- Evolve our infrastructure-as-code platform to maintain high availability, performance, and security
- Lead the team in turning requirements into meaningful tracks of work, finding creative solutions to difficult or ambiguous problems
- Mentor other team members and teach them what you have learned about running services in production at scale
- Be part of a culture that values collaboration, inclusion, learning, and experimentation
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience building, deploying, and maintaining cloud-based distributed systems at scale
- You possess a breadth of experience with various data persistence layers and cloud orchestration including RDS and other AWS services
- You have experience maintaining and extending a large Python codebase
- You have proven experience breaking down large or ambiguous tracks of work into component parts that can be picked up by other engineers on your team
- You build those around you through mentoring, sharing what you know, and balancing the perspectives of everyone
- You are comfortable communicating your point of view and are curious to learn from others’ points of view
We are looking to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive engineering team. We have a number of outstanding benefits to support that.
- We are a fully distributed team. Without a central office, everyone’s on an equal footing wherever you’re based. Our positions are open to residents of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
- We offer flexible schedules and unlimited time off. Take vacations to recharge and work the schedule that makes sense for you. We’re about long-term growth and success, so that means working sustainably.
- We provide outstanding health care, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Paid time to volunteer at non-profits. If you volunteer enough, we’ll match your hours with donations.
- On demand mentoring with Bravely.
The salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $151,500 - $218,500. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. We will provide more information on our benefits and equity upon requests. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted up to or over 100% of the offered base salary (no cap). Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for > Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Textio embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports persons of all identities, abilities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Textio will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please contact the our recruiting coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or have speech disabilities, please dial 711 to access telecommunications relay services.
Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/.
Reach out and share your story with us!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄