Data Platform Engineer
LaunchDarkly (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Informational phone screen with Eng leadership 2. Take home project 3. On-site interviews
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are currently looking for a talented Data Platform Engineer to join our Experimentation Product team. You will help us architect and write fast, reliable, and scalable data processing tools to process data from our thousands of customers and their hundreds of millions of users around the world. We're looking for someone who knows what it takes to deliver value to customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
Our data platform processes events from over twenty billion feature flag evaluations, and billions of experimentation metrics events daily. The core technologies we use daily include Golang, Scala, Kinesis, and Flink. As part of our you-build-it-you-run-it culture, all developers may be responsible for supporting applications in production, including on-call.
Your work will directly reflect on the customer experience to allow them to run the most effective experiments possible.
- Working with a modern data stack and open source frameworks
- Build and expand our data platform, pipeline, and services
- Design data pipelines for new products and evolving customer needs
- Collaborate with product team to influence and deliver user-facing features
- Monitor and improve data pipeline performance for continuous improvement
- Champion engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Proven experience and fluency in a JVM language or Golang
- Experience building data platforms (e.g. using Flink, Kafka, DataFlow, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with data pipelines, distributed systems, and large-scale data processing
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with data systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with experimentation systems / products
- Working knowledge of ETL and a query language
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄