Senior Software Engineer
Novus Partners (View all Jobs)
Austin, NYC, or Zurich
1. Take-home exercise 2. On-site exercises (choice of laptop or whiteboard)
Programming Languages Mentioned
SEI Novus is a portfolio intelligence platform where asset owners and asset managers interact with their investments and with each other. We help investors enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
$120 trillion is invested annually on behalf of pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. SEI Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You're looking to join a fast-paced team that will mentor and support you as you take on challenging projects.
- You have a “team first” mentality and enjoy helping others achieve their own goals.
- You understand that deadlines and goals – even if self-imposed – are what help businesses succeed.
- You appreciate direct, unvarnished feedback – you know it will help you grow.
- The thought of deploying code to production several times day excites you. You know it’s better to "fail fast" than to never ship at all.
- You enjoy mastering your craft, but also love learning about technologies and tools outside your core expertise.
- You don't take yourself too seriously and know the importance of bringing some levity to an otherwise tense situation.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be given a unique level of responsibility and autonomy to get things done and deliver tangible results. You’ll be directly responsible for delivering a large project and will need to coordinate resources across several teams to accomplish your goals.
- Own the entire development lifecycle including writing of specification with the product team, architecture, work estimation, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintaining enterprise grade software.
- Uphold high quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring.
- With a Product Manager, completely run a small team as a smaller ecosystem to the company.
- Directly manage and mentor 1-3 Software Engineers.
- Help us hire other great engineers for the team.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- 5+ years of software engineering experience; ideally on a small team.
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to both self-organize and organize a small team.
- Able to architect complete software systems leveraging existing and novel technology.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment within known contexts.
- Have led multiple large-scale project from inception to completion.
Additional skills that we would love to see but are not required:
- Kubernetes or a similar orchestration tool.
- AWS or a similar public cloud.
- Infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform
- Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, PagerDuty.
- Continuous Delivery using a build tool such as Bamboo.
- Management experience and/or willingness to manage individuals.
- Personal interest in capital markets, finance and investing (even if you’ve never traded stock).
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄