Novus Partners (View all Jobs)
Austin, London or Zurich
1. Take-home exercise 2. On-site exercises (choice of laptop or whiteboard)
Programming Languages Mentioned
SEI Novus is a portfolio intelligence platform where asset owners and asset managers interact with their investments and with each other. We help investors enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem: where the world’s greatest investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
$120 trillion is invested annually on behalf of pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. These groups strive to affect the world in unique ways—be it through funding scholarships, protecting pensions, establishing charitable foundations, supporting medical research, preserving wealth, and more.
Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. SEI Novus offers comprehensive solutions for the multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you —
- You are looking to join a fast-paced team that will mentor and support you as you take on challenging projects.
- You understand that deadlines and goals – even if self-imposed – are what help businesses succeed.
- You appreciate direct, unvarnished feedback – you know it will help you grow.
- The thought of deploying code to production several times day excites you. You know it is better to "fail fast" than to never ship at all.
- You enjoy mastering your craft, but also love learning about technologies and tools outside your core expertise.
- You don't take yourself too seriously and know the importance of bringing some levity to an otherwise tense situation.
What You’ll Do
Novus is a small firm, so we need our engineers to take ownership of their projects. You’ll do more than merely “code to a wireframe.” From the start, you’ll be helping bring products from concept to production while solving distinct design, UI and UX challenges.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Become an expert in our front-end stack
- Learn about our backend stack, coded in Scala, MySQL and AWS technologies.
- Collaborate across the entire organization, including backend engineers, data operations team, client services and product managers.
- Develop expertise in a broad array of financial topics.
Critical Skills / Abilities
- Web frameworks such as Angular or React
- Web application layout and design using a CSS preprocessor (Sass, Stylus), and a templating language (Pug, Mustache)
- Continuous Delivery, including integration testing with tools such as Cypress or Selenium
Additional skills that we would love to see but are not required:
- Hands-on experience with backend technologies, specifically Java, Scala, or SQL
- Familiarity Node.js and/or Puppeteer
- Personal interest in capital markets, finance and investing (even if you’ve never traded stock).
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄