Senior Software Engineer
Ginger (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Realistic coding exercise 2. Take-home project 3. Virtual onsite (system design, experience, and culture)
Programming Languages Mentioned
Senior Software Engineer
at Headspace Health
Remote - U.S.
About Headspace Health
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
Our engineering team is built on a foundation of mutual trust, respect, collaboration and geared towards making a real impact by solving real problems. We're looking for a passionate & experienced manager to join our growing / distributed international engineering team. You will work hand-and-hand with our world class clinical and product teams to build and scale our behavioral health operating system. A system that puts member & clinician experience above all else!
We at Headspace Health believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions. To that end, we're striving to build a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.
This position is open to remote candidates inside the US.
Perks of becoming a Happy Dot (team member):
- Unlimited PTO
- MINDays (2 Fridays off each month)
- Global offices
- Benefits that start when you do (no waiting period for medical)
- Wellness stipend
- Fun, positive, collaborative environment!
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You leverage existing solutions, design patterns, and frameworks where they fit the best, and have the capacity to come up with your own when existing practices do not meet the needs
- You desire to work at a startup, you can thrive and feel empowered in both unstructured and structured environments. Ideally, you have worked at a couple other startups and can contribute your learnings from those experiences
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You are interested in contributing not just to our application but also to building and maintaining infrastructure that supports our development, deployment and monitoring and alerting processes
- You care about having a diverse team and this may mean you represent diversity yourself
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems. Bonus if you have experience using AWS infrastructure as code tools (ex: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with one or a few of the following: Python, Django, Node.js, TypeScript
- 1+ years web front-end experience: HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, ReactJS / AngularJS (or equivalent)
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure / defensive code, including the use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have a solid understanding of the network and API layer (REST, RPC, HTTP)
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄