Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Shortcut (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Followed by onsite discussions and pair programming
$150,000 - $200,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Based in New York but fully distributed, Shortcut builds project management software for software and product teams that people actually want to use - just ask an engineer how they feel about Jira. Thousands of the fastest-growing software companies use Shortcut to plan and build software, including Glossier, Venmo, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, LaunchDarkly, and others.
Shortcut’s engineering team is a diverse mix of individuals with experience at large and small companies and with a range of technical skill (you can meet some of the team here!) We’re growing our team and are looking for engineers with deep expertise in at least one area (frontend, backend, dev ops) and a foundational understanding across the stack.
While most of your work will concentrate on building frontend features and scaling our existing web systems, you may also work on projects that involve building components that interact with our infrastructure or database.
You should have:
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally as a frontend engineer (or full stack with a frontend focus), working on an application with thousands of end users
- Experience leading technical and architectural decisions
- Experience working in React and/or other modern frameworks like Vue
- Experience working with JS build tools like Webpack and Babel
- Strong prioritization, time management, and communication skills; ability to work efficiently in a constantly evolving, distributed team
- Experience collaborating effectively across product, design, and other engineering teams
- Experience and eagerness to mentor others and improve our organization as a whole
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply. Job requirements are a wishlist, not a checklist, and we're happy to help the right candidate grow into this role - if you're excited about Shortcut, we're excited about you!
What we offer:
- Compensation: A competitive salary in addition to meaningful equity in the company - you should be able to take ownership of what you’re helping to build.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, FSA, OneMedical, Teladoc, Health Advocate, 401(k), commuter benefits
- Work-life balance: A flexible open vacation policy, in addition to 10 company holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 “Dot Days” (our term for bonus days off), community (volunteer) PTO, 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave. We also observe 40 hour work weeks without the expectation of after-hours or weekend work.
- Learning and development: A $2,000 annual stipend to use toward conferences, educational courses, books, membership fees and more
- WFH: We are a fully remote company, and we provide all the equipment you need to work from home in addition to an annual WFH stipend.
Target base salary for this role based on experience: $150,000-$200,000 annually + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k))
At Shortcut, we embrace the different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences our team members bring to the table. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome all applicants and teammates regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄