Senior C++ Software Engineer, Core SDK
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Mapbox provides the building blocks that enable our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible with interactive maps and how people use location technologies in their daily lives. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Core SDK team provides internal tools that power our SDKs, and our work makes a big impact in the lives of millions of our customers and their end-users worldwide.
Our scope is broad and ranges from maintaining a middleware component providing foundational functionality to our core engines and mobile SDKs, a client-side implementation of our telemetry platform, and a platform bindings generator that exposes our business logic APIs to mobile platforms like Android, iOS, and others.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a modern code base, using the best practices of software engineering and tools. You'll also work on establishing platform bindings to all modern mobile platform languages.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure best practices for cross-platform API design. Seek alignment by proposing new ideas and taking the lead role when necessary.
- Improve the project’s performance, stability, maintainability, and simplicity.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years of relative industry experience
- Strong in modern C++, algorithms and performance optimization.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, eagerness to solve challenging technical problems using emerging technologies.
- Empathy and kindness; willingness to learn from different perspectives and patience to help others grow.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams.
Helpful experiences that are a plus but not a requirement
- Mobile development (Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, Dart, React Native).
- Location technologies (maps, GIS).
- Backend development experience (AWS, SQL, Node.js).
- Embedded platforms (Linux embedded, Android Automotive).
- Maintaining or contributing to open source projects.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄