Senior iOS Engineer
Koala (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen 2. Open-ended take-home coding challenge 3. Pair Programming exercise 4. Meet the CEO and the rest of team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Koala is a commerce platform with a focus on premium ordering channels for hospitality brands. Our products allow restaurants to directly serve their customers while driving more revenue and greater guest satisfaction. We work with some of the world’s most-loved restaurant brands and fastest-growing new concepts!
We’re seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team of talented engineers, designers, and product managers in building products that make ordering simple and enjoyable. The perfect candidate is a natural problem solver and leader who is dedicated to product and code quality.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF:
- you are team oriented and prefer working closely with other disciplines in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- you have significant experience with Functional Reactive Programming, RxSwift, ReactiveSwift, etc.
- you have extensive knowledge of core Computer Science concepts, including Object-Oriented programming, multi-threading, MVVM, MVC, etc.
- you have profound and broad knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- you are proficient in creating beautiful animations and transitions utilizing UIKit and Core Animation.
- you have a solid understanding of the memory implications of your code and are adept at using memory debugger and instrumentation to track down memory leaks.
- you have a deep understanding of API interactions from end-to-end, particularly with RESTful APIs.
- you understand and use source control and project tracking software.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- helping build our kiosk and mobile applications which serve millions of customers.
- leveraging industry best practices to write, produce, and document high quality code including unit tests, automated UI tests, API stubs/mocks, etc.
- driving architecture and design decisions while accurately scoping features.
- 3+ years of iOS app development experience.
- 4 years of professional engineering experience.
- Ability to convey technical concepts clearly via non-technical language.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU:
- have built applications that require continuous uptime (10+ hrs) and diligent memory usage.
- have a knack for monitoring and debugging applications with services like Firebase Crashlytics.
- have experience working with mobile device management providers.
- have a passion for building consumer-facing applications.
Koala is a remote company. We offer comprehensive benefits, monthly spending stipends, 401(k) match, parental leave, quarterly charity matching, flex Fridays, unlimited PTO, and more!
Koala is dedicated to hiring a diverse and highly skilled talent base and as such is committed to EEO practices. Koala provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄