Senior Software Engineer
Reaktor (View all Jobs)
New York City / US & Canada
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are working remotely and are open to candidates working from anywhere in the US or Canada. Our office in New York's Flatiron district is available for anyone based in NY.
Reaktor is a team of technology professionals that craft custom digital products and services for diverse industries and clients worldwide.
We're looking for full-stack software engineers to join our crew in delivering world-class digital products for companies such as adidas, Paramount, HBO, Bravo Sierra, Rovio, and Finnair. We need people that can fill hybrid roles with different emphases on the wide context of product development. We don't have predefined positions: instead, we invite you to talk to us about your skills, experience, ambitions, and dream role. We hope to find exceptional people to do exceptional work with us, and we believe it's important that we define your role and path to our mutual growth together.
What we can offer you:
- Small, completely autonomous teams filled with experts in everything from design, to data science, to business consulting, working together with the client to clarify ambiguous requirements, define the best course of action, pick the right tools and technologies, and shape the result — together.
- A global community of amazing people who you will learn from and will learn from you.
- Experimentation and continuous improvement of our skills and ways of working.
- A dedication to constant evolution (and the occasional revolution).
- A world without rigid hierarchy—big ideas can come from anyone and anywhere.
- The salary range for this position is 125k–175k USD/year + benefits.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to make things, and to make things happen.
- Deep compassion for people—both those around you, and those who will use the products you build.
- A vision and commitment to the future of work: being truly lean and agile and human-centered, and leaving yesterday's pointless rituals behind.
- Readiness to be responsible for your work, development, and career path. Don't worry: we'll have your back in whatever you want to achieve, but the end goal is yours to define.
- 4+ years of working experience with concrete results, across different domains and at different scales.
- Experience with React, TypeScript (on both frontend and backend), SQL, NoSQL, and functional programming concepts.
If reading this gave you butterflies, we hope you apply, no matter what your path here was. We hope you can join our community and help us build a company where everyone can feel proud to belong. Tell us about your past adventures in the world of product development, and let us know what you'd love to do in the future. Keep it original rather than official.
Benefits and perks:
At Reaktor New York, our benefits and perks evolve with our community, and we're always open to new ideas that will support the wellbeing of Reaktorians. Currently, we offer the following perks:
- A real work-life balance with 40-hour weeks
- Aetna health, dental and vision plans (Reaktor pays the full cost of your healthcare for you and 50% of the cost of your dependents)
- 401K employer matching up to 6% of your yearly salary starting from the get go
- Four weeks of paid vacation
- Floating holiday policy – you can choose which holidays you want to recognize
- 16 weeks of fully paid family leave for primary caregivers and up to 8 weeks of fully paid family leave for secondary caregivers
- A community with as much support as your heart desires
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Citi Bike membership and commuting benefits
- A phone of your choice with a plan
- $250 quarterly learning stipend to use on your professional development
- $100 monthly wellness stipend to look after your mental and physical health
- $750 one-time budget for improving your remote work set up during COVID-19
- Dinners, team outings, company trips, and other opportunities to bond with your teammates
- Employee shareholder program starting from the get to (possibility to subscribe for shares 1-4 times a year)
Our process in a nutshell:
- Introduction with a member of our recruitment team (20 minutes)
- Non technical chat with a member of our recruitment team, includes code review exercise (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Technical conversation with two engineers from Reaktor. We will discuss various topics in software engineering, such as programming languages, frontend technologies, backend technologies, databases, etc. We don't do algorithm questions or live coding (2 hours)
- Closing interview to iron out details and prepare us to make an offer (1 hour)
- We extend you an offer 🎉
Typically interviewing with us takes about three weeks from the introduction call to receiving an offer.
P.S. Listen to our new podcast Fork Pull Merge Push.
Insight, inspiration, and the most mind-bending technical rabbit holes, brought to you biweekly.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄