Software Engineer, Release Engineering (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The Release Engineering team provides and maintains an end-to-end release process at Brex so that engineers can reliably and quickly get their code into the wild. We are looking for engineers who are excited about serving other engineers, and who will constantly challenge us to raise the bar on the experiences we deliver.
- Champion and document best practices, accepted solutions, and development and production support runbooks
- Leverage design and architectural knowledge to scale and improve performance in constrained environments in accordance with our SLOs
- Design, build and maintain our current and future CI/CD pipelines
- Support development best practices including iterative development and frequent deployments of working software
- 2+ years experience working with backend programming languages. We don’t expect you to know everything about every language, but we do expect you to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Curiosity about and passion for improving the developer experience for all disciplines
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in Kotlin, Elixir, or Python
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience building and maintaining a deploy pipeline and CI/CD
- Experience managing services hosted on cloud infrastructure
- Previous experience having founded a venture or were a foundational member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
*If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄