Senior Software Engineer, Product (Israel)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, R, Java, SQL
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
You will be joining new Brexs' Israeli R&D site! Located in Central Tel Aviv, just next to HaShalom train station, we offer a fully hybrid mode of work where you can decide when, if at all to work from our office. You will join a talented local team and have an opportunity to impact the local site from the very beginning.
We’re looking for folks with an interest in building products and tools, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces. You’ll be building customer-facing products that will drive direct business impact and shape our long-term technical vision with a high-quality bar .You'll have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best financial software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Brex scale and get prepared for the new markets we are about to enter.
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations.
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄