Kubernetes and container ops lead
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - EMEA
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
An opportunity to shape the products and experiences that Canonical provides developers and operations teams with Dockerized content, workflows and tools on Kubernetes and other container systems. We are particularly interested in operators and the operator pattern. Canonical has created this role for product leadership across an array of cloud-native offerings. If you have a passion for technology and business, experience in cloud-native software engineering, deep familiarity with open source, Kubernetes, container technology and Linux, and awareness of open source community practices, then you will love this role.
Container technology continues to reshape enterprise technology operations. Ubuntu is widely deployed in cloud-native environments, and our customers set the pace in technology at scale, leading the adoption of new ideas and practices. Our goal is to shape the future of cloud-native operations, across public and private infrastructure, in partnership with industry leaders. This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market for cloud-native offerings. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in Kubernetes operations and the cloud-native landscape
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Experience in open source project and community leadership
- Leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement. Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on containers, Kubernetes, Docker, enterprise open source applications and projects. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄