Senior Software Engineer - Identity Management (Python/Go)
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - Americas, EMEA
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Canonical is seeking experienced Python/Go developers to build highly performant and secure identity and access management solutions that will be used across all company products. From Ubuntu One SSO to Juju, LXD and MAAS your work will define the way all Canonical users, clients and community members access their favorite open source applications.
Bring your experience with Python, Go and Kubernetes to help us transform the future of identity management at Canonical. Experience in the identity and access management (IAM) field is desirable but not required. You will work with upstream open source projects, alongside internal teams to deliver high quality software that can be deployed on bare metal, public cloud and Kubernetes.
As a senior engineer on the team, you'll bring significant software development experience, Kubernetes knowledge and a keen eye for software design, performance and security. You will learn about identity and access management standards and will integrate them across all of our product portfolio.
You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development process: you will design software, write high-quality code and tests, provide insightful code reviews, write documentation and help to troubleshoot issues.
In addition to the engineering behind the project itself, you'll have the chance to work with industry-leading teams inside Canonical, ensuring your work is backed by rock-solid data stores, and highly observable using our Kubernetes-based Observability stack. You'll work with broader open source communities, participating in "hackfest" events, webinars and conferences.
Who you are
- Expertise in Python and Go software development
- Experience working with container technology and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of software/infrastructure security and performance
- Experience designing and/or operating large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of identity and access management technologies and standards is desirable but not essential
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄