Principal / Staff Security Engineer
PagerDuty (View all Jobs)
1. Zoom / on-site pair programming and tasks
Programming Languages Mentioned
We are interviewing and onboarding 100% virtually at this time. PagerDuty is focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working. Unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a company office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid.
Overview of the Role
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- As a Security Engineer leader within the Security Team, you will have a tremendous impact on PagerDuty’s security posture and engineering culture, and company-wide direction.
- If you relish the opportunity to design systems, tools, and solutions to enable mission critical applications to securely operate and scale- this role is for you.
- You will be a part of an amazing team that’s intensely focused on securing our products, improving our security processes, and building the future of security at PagerDuty.
- You will have opportunities to enable our platform’s transformation by designing, developing, and implementing tools, automation, processes, and creating new techniques to move rapidly, reliably build, and deliver a frictionless experience to our customers.
- The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner that enjoys taking the lead as much as you enjoy mentoring others.
- Deliver and execute a compelling security strategy spanning across multiple product and engineering teams
- Evaluate, prototype, implement, and support security-focused architecture, tools, and services
- Partner with senior leaders across PagerDuty to help deliver company-wide security initiatives
- Maintain strong knowledge of current security threats, mitigations and operational best practices
- Lead cross-functional projects and establish cutting-edge security best practices
- Participate in on-call rotation, triaging and addressing security issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful security engineering projects.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider security engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others - no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- You believe security should make it easy to do the right thing.
- You are an expert at leading collaborative efforts involving large groups.
- Expert at building consensus within and across engineering teams.
- 7+ years in Information Security
- Fluency with one or more scripting/coding languages (e.g. Go, Ruby, Python)
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to compress intricate security challenges into concise descriptions
- The ability to solve security problems without saying "No"
- Knowledge of cryptographic services
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and services
- Understanding of development lifecycle models as well as the approaches to microservices
- Experience with Orchestration tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with securing microservice architecture, implementation, and deployments
- Experience implementing and leveraging logging and monitoring solutions
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄