Staff Software Engineer, Crypto Core
Gemini (View all Jobs)
New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
1. Phone chat 2. Take-home project 3. Discussion on-site. Questions on prior experiences and culture fit
Programming Languages Mentioned
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Team: Crypto Core Services
The Crypto Core Services team builds the underlying crypto structure used by Gemini’s products and services. Some of the exciting work we do to support blockchain technologies across Gemini’s platform include:
- onboarding new blockchain networks to our environment
- adding new coins/tokens to our exchange
- building secure infrastructure for signing and cryptography
- creating high-quality institutional custody solutions
Why join Crypto Core Services?
On our team, you’ll work alongside a team of agile engineers who are focused on excellence and continuous learning, and you’ll be able to immerse yourself – and eventually become an expert – in exciting technologies in the web3/crypto space that include
- blockchain protocols and networks
- smart contract development
- digital asset custody
The Role: Staff Software Engineer, Crypto Core
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work with us on many other exciting projects unique to the crypto industry. In order to contribute to our mission, you’ll be asked to:
- Deliver high-quality and maintainable code
- Build secure contract protocols and backend services that connect Gemini users to the crypto ecosystem
- Review other software engineers’ code for correctness, style, and security considerations
- Proactively consider how our designs might impact other Gemini teams and/or the company
- Work on occasional refactoring and upgrade projects that will improve the performance and maintainability of our code base
- Help maintain and improve solid feedback cycles at all levels of software development
- Build a keen awareness of industry trends that will help us stay at the forefront of innovation
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Some tech leadership and/or tech mentorship experience, with a passion for helping other engineers grow their skills and experience in a high-performing environment
- A strong working knowledge of one or more backend programming languages (e.g.,Scala, Java, etc.)
- The ability to effectively adapt your work to multiple priorities
- Experience owning projects with multiple requirements and/or collaborators across other teams (product, project management, design, etc.)
- A mindset that prioritizes product excellence and customer experience
- An interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and/or emerging web3 technologies
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄