Senior Backend / Data Engineer - Algolia AI
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
Golang, Python, SQL
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We’re predicting user behaviours and building the intent graph which is then exposed through our API and dashboard. We then make it easy for product-dev teams to orchestrate sophisticated user experiences using our front-end libraries and tools.
As a Big Data Engineer in our team, you will work closely with ML engineers to architect & implement solutions that handle large volumes of data, author complex data pipelines, and create automated reporting. You will drive actions that scale across enterprises while working on complex AI problems.
If you are a sharp, experienced engineer with demonstrated capabilities in implementing machine learning and analytical solutions on Big Data stacks we want to hear from you.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Build data pipelines for collection, pre-processing and Machine Learning inference
- Build integrations with external APIs, connectors and services
- Contributing to the design, development, and ultimately operation of the product features at scale
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Have experience working with pipelines and manipulating big datasets
- Have experience with Public Cloud Providers such as GCP, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Have working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL, BigQuery, PostgreSQL)
- Are able to make autonomous decisions for which you will take ownership
- Are a team player
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with Go
- Experience with GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes
TEAM'S CURRENT STACK
- Languages: Python, Golang
- ML & pipelines: PyTorch, PySpark
- Infrastructure: GCP/GKE, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, BigTable, CircleCI, TerraForm
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄