Senior Software Engineer, Data
Webflow (View all Jobs)
San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Paid 3-5 day freelance contract project
Programming Languages Mentioned
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us build the tools, data pipelines, systems integrations and scale infrastructure. You’ll join our Data, Analytics and Telemetry Engineering (DATE) team, which focuses on transforming Webflow's data analytics and observability capabilities while building a robust, extensible and secure foundation for the future.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
As a Data Engineer, you’ll ...
- Work on building new features and refactoring efforts across our stack
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines
- Build integrations with third parties
- Rearchitect/remodel Webflow's data stores
- Improve and build observability capabilities for all systems across the company
- Secure customer data across all data stores
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Support others on your team in a technical capacity
These responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Data Engineer if you have:
- 5+ years of experience building scalable, multi-tenant environments
- Previous experience in either Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Previous experience in Java, Scala or Python
- A deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Built and worked with data streams (Kafka, Kinesis)
- A deep understanding of design patterns — and an even better knowledge of when to apply them
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how".
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and productivity stipend they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄