Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Webflow (View all Jobs)
San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Paid 3-5 day freelance contract project
$130,000 - $178,000
Programming Languages Mentioned
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to improve reliability and stability of Webflow’s customer-facing, production infrastructure, serving millions of page views per hour. Our product is used by over 2 million users world-wide across 190 countries, and you’ll help ensure our platform is secure and scalable for these users as tens of thousands of projects are launched on Webflow each month.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 - $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 - $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll…
- Join our App and Site Hosting team, which is responsible for infrastructure behind the main Webflow application, as well as the infrastructure required for our hosting plans.
- Empower engineers on other teams to take control of their services by writing shared infrastructure-as-code tooling and collaborating on internal best practices for infrastructure.
- Occasionally dive into the main Webflow application in React, Node, and MongoDB to better discern (and sometimes fix) behavior in production.
- Work with peers on Webflow’s Customer Support, Partnerships, and Sales teams to enable customers using Webflow’s services in production.
- Continuously improve on-call and incident response processes as the company grows.
To succeed in the role, we’re looking for someone who has...
- Either a background as an ops engineer with an enthusiasm for code, or a background as a software engineer with an enthusiasm for systems administration.
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems in a customer-facing environment that allows for little to no downtime.
- Experience navigating and scaling multi-tier cloud environments on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience or interest in contributing to full-stack applications built using React, Node, and MongoDB.
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and sponsoring less-experienced engineers.
It would be a bonus if you had even one of the following:
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenResty, Terraform, or Pulumi, specifically.
- Experience improving on-call and incident response processes for Engineering.
- Experience working in high-compliance environments or a special interest in security engineering. We are not the security team, but we are always looking to improve our security posture!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior SRE and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄