Data Scientist, Growth
Airtable (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
Programming Languages Mentioned
R, Python, SQL
Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. As one of the early members of the Data Science team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers. You’ll work cross-functionally to identify and answer our most important questions, transforming raw data into understandable and actionable insights.
What you'll do
- Partner with product, engineering, and design teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand user behavior and long-term trends.
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers for growth, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Perform deep dive analysis to understand and optimize the key levers for growth.
- Analyze and design experiments, and help develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the company.
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
- Proactively socialize insights, dashboards, and reports with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer, preferably within a Growth org.
- You have the ability to translate raw data into meaningful business insights and be able to tell a story with data
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You possess a natural curiosity and strive to uncover the deeper relationships that are not always immediately discoverable.
- You have experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets and are familiar with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- You are an excellent storyteller and able to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing or visualizations.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄