Senior Full Stack Engineer
HomeLight (View all Jobs)
1. Phone screen 2. Take home that is close to production code 3. On-site with pair programming
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
HomeLight is looking for a Sr Full Stack Engineer to join our rapidly growing Home Loans team. The Home Loans team is building the next generation of mortgage software focused on empowering users with data backed decisions that speeds up time to close. You likely have experience building web applications, are interested in fintech, are excited to work with Go, don't mind getting your hands dirty with business logic, and enjoy architecting elegant solutions to complex problems.
This role is open to remote applicants. We are a hybrid team with over half of the Home Loans team members working remotely.
What You Will Do Here:
- Write modular and maintainable code, complete with unit tests, using Golang, Typescript and React.
- Provide technical leadership to the team through solution analysis, technical design and code reviews.
- Develop in a fast paced environment where you will ship code to production daily.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members including Software Engineers, Designers and Product Managers as we iteratively improve our products and systems.
- Build tools for internal customers to make mortgage operations more efficient.
- Integrate with third party APIs that support our business.
- At least 5+ years of experience building web applications.
- A strong foundation in modern coding practices and the ability to write quality, modular, maintainable, secure and testable code.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem and Heroku platform
#LI-DS1 | #LI-Remote
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄