Senior Backend Engineer, Growth
Webflow (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home challenge 2. Paid 3-5 day freelance contract project
Programming Languages Mentioned
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Growth team, responsible for helping more people succeed with Webflow and become customers. You will help us build engineering projects that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Webflow’s business metrics and trajectory. If you have a mix of frontend and backend development, strong systems and product thinking, owned projects end to end in the past, and want to use your technical skills to drive business growth, this role could be a great fit.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Set up A/B tests and experiments to learn how we can iteratively improve the user experience over time
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Mentor and support other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and Quality Specialists in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
- Learn and develop best practices, design considerations, and quality controls
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer if you:
- Have 5+ years designing and implementing multi-tenant environments that deliver rich front-end experiences
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
- Have a deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Have experience with language syntax trees and functional programming languages
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄