Senior Product Security Engineer
Carta (View all Jobs)
Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY; Remote, USA
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Product Security team within the Information Security organization. The Product Security organization protects our customers’ data, investments, and livelihood by ensuring Carta’s products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
You will be working with the team to take on projects which identify security vulnerabilities from many sources, automatically build security into our product, and provide a paved road for engineering teams to produce secure software. Our risk model puts teams in charge of owning risk which makes us a trusted partner. To complete this mission, we need people who share our passion for creating engineering solutions to complex security problems.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- How do we build tooling, automation, and infrastructure that empowers our engineering organization to move fast while simultaneously improving product security?
- How do we improve the software development lifecycle to make security the path of least resistance?
- Which tools and what guidance can we provide developers to ensure that they are able to peer review code in the most effective manner?
- How do we encourage developers to seamlessly consider and continuously think about security?
The Impact You’ll Have
You will leverage your ability to improve Carta’s product, pipeline, and developer experience in order to pave the way for security ownership by all product teams across the company. You will be a key partner for engineering teams releasing high-quality software.
Proactive individual who is able to:
- Advise on risks related to application, container, and cloud security vulnerabilities.
- Understand threat modeling, general software development practices and the components of a modern product security program.
- Be a security consultant on new and existing products, perform code reviews, and conduct penetration tests to proactively identify vulnerabilities.
- Educate Product and Engineering teams on relevant security topics.
- Experience with a variety of product security testing tools (e.g. Burp Suite, OWASP Zap, Semgrep, Snyk, Bandit, Trivy, etc)
- Has 6+ years of experience implementing scalable security programs.
- Expertise in a security domain such as application security, cloud security or container security.
- Software development experience with interpreted or compiled programming languages.
- A team player who is considerate of others.
**Role can be based in NYC, SF, Santa Clara, Seattle or Remote
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄