Senior Product Security Engineer
Carta (View all Jobs)
Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY; Remote, USA
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Product Security team within the Information Security organization. The Product Security organization protects our customers’ data, investments, and livelihood by ensuring Carta’s products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
You will be working with the team to take on projects which identify security vulnerabilities from many sources, automatically build security into our product, and provide a paved road for engineering teams to produce secure software. Our risk model puts teams in charge of owning risk which makes us a trusted partner. To complete this mission, we need people who share our passion for creating engineering solutions to complex security problems.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- How do we build tooling, automation, and infrastructure that empowers our engineering organization to move fast while simultaneously improving product security?
- How do we improve the software development lifecycle to make security the path of least resistance?
- Which tools and what guidance can we provide developers to ensure that they are able to peer review code in the most effective manner?
- How do we encourage developers to seamlessly consider and continuously think about security?
The Impact You’ll Have
You will leverage your ability to improve Carta’s product, pipeline, and developer experience in order to pave the way for security ownership by all product teams across the company. You will be a key partner for engineering teams releasing high-quality software.
Proactive individual who is able to:
- Advise on risks related to application, container, and cloud security vulnerabilities.
- Understand threat modeling, general software development practices and the components of a modern product security program.
- Be a security consultant on new and existing products, perform code reviews, and conduct penetration tests to proactively identify vulnerabilities.
- Educate Product and Engineering teams on relevant security topics.
- Experience with a variety of product security testing tools (e.g. Burp Suite, OWASP Zap, Semgrep, Snyk, Bandit, Trivy, etc)
- Has 6+ years of experience implementing scalable security programs.
- Expertise in a security domain such as application security, cloud security or container security.
- Software development experience with interpreted or compiled programming languages.
- A team player who is considerate of others.
**Role can be based in NYC, SF, Santa Clara, Seattle or Remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄