Software Engineer, Risk (Remote)
Brex (View all Jobs)
1. Practical questions - 1 hour technical 2. Then 4-5 hour onsite. System design, Coding, values, debugging
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, SQL, Java
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize its full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
We're looking for folks with an interest in building data-driven systems to manage risk at scale. You'll have heavy exposure to ML, working closely with data scientists to integrate models into production systems. As Risk services integrate with systems across Brex, strong interpersonal and writing skills are a must. Projects require extremely high development standards, dealing with sensitive data, and driving significant monetary and compliance impacts. In this role, you'll accrue very specific risk domain knowledge, and help to build the most loved financial OS while protecting our customers, our house, and our external relationships.
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and tools to power Brex engineers and operations
- Own functionality and scalability feature by taking responsibility from inception to deployment.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a strong technical writer or are working towards becoming one. You enjoy explaining complex concepts in writing that is clear, concise, and precise
- You are subscribed to the latest trends in fraud and financial crime and you enjoy reading technical research papers on the latest techniques in attack and prevention.
- Experience in the machine learning model development cycles, including model productionization and management.
- Familiarity with functional programming languages.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄