Mid-level Software Engineer
Def Method (View all Jobs)
New York, NY (Remote)
1. Take home test 2. Pair programming with dev on test and client work, receive offer same day as pairing interview
Programming Languages Mentioned
Def Method is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Def Method prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Def Method conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Def Method and its employees, including:
- Working conditions.
- Wages and salary administration.
- Employee benefits and application of policies.
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Def Method.
Mid-level Software Engineer at Def Method
New York, NY
About Def Method
At Def Method we believe in the integrity of our engineering, the utility of our products, and the solutions we provide for our customers. As consultants, we apply XP, agile, and user-centered design principles to help our customers large and small bring their products to life.
Value prop of this role
At Def Method, you get to work on a variety of projects, solve coding challenges and work with a team of language-agnostic experts who’ll have your back. You'll promote diversity, inclusion, and understanding within your team. We know you’re not just hands on a keyboard. You have ideas and we’ll want to hear them.
What you’ll bring
- Proactive and enthusiastic commitment to customer best interests and ongoing process improvement
- Generalist flexibility to adapt to customer environments and bring consultative expertise
- Effective communication with the Def Method team and with customers, and willingness to give and receive growth-oriented feedback
- Desire to learn and work with a range of technologies (for example, Go, Swift, Kotlin, and Clojure)
- Desire to learn and apply a range of agile software development principles and associated practices, including test-driven development, pair programming, design patterns, and refactoring. If you already have experience with these, great! If not, we look forward to expanding your experience at Def Method.
- Strengths in web development or native mobile development, with a desire to expand your skills
How you'll spend your time
- Making software in small teams with active customer involvement
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders
- Helping team members and the company as a whole improve through your input
- Learning from and with colleagues as we seek to make the best software we can
Why we love working here
- Great pay and benefits — comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation and 1 month of paid time off for professional development
- Very minimal travel, if ever
- We’re community-centric and find ways to give back
- Remote first work culture
We promote diversity, inclusion, and understanding within our team. We constantly strive to build a company as diverse as the city we live in and the customers we support.
This position may be performed remotely if approved by the Company from anywhere except the State of Colorado.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄