Mobile Engineer (Android)
Airtable (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA
1. Take home project that resembles a problem Airtable solves for 2. Five hour on-site which includes a discussion of the project, UI design, discussing architectural tradeoffs, and code debugging.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Airtable's Android app presents a rare opportunity to design and develop novel mobile interfaces that elegantly support a wide range of workflows so that our customers can organize anything, anywhere.
In developing Airtable's Android app, we've taken great care to not simply port our web interface to mobile, but rather to design each interaction and animation in a mobile-first and touch-friendly way. We're looking for someone to pick up the reins and lead all things Android. You'll not only fully own the development of new features on Android, but also have the opportunity to rethink existing core Airtable features that currently have no mobile equivalent by creating them from scratch on Android.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Take ownership and responsibility for designing, building, testing, iterating, releasing, and maintaining the Airtable Android application
- Work with cross functional peers (PM, Design) to define the product roadmap
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions
- Collaborate with the mobile and broader-engineering team to develop requirements and validate technical specifications for your solutions
- Work autonomously and with QA to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and reliability of Airtable’s systems and our customers data
Who you are
- You have extensive experience with developing high-quality, UI-rich Android apps — as a bonus, we’d love to see your apps in the Play Store!
- You have deep knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin
- You have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄