(Senior) Ruby Developer
Sensor Tower (View all Jobs)
1. Phone call 2. On-site interview including discussion about projects/skills and a short real-world programming challenge
Programming Languages Mentioned
SQL, Ruby, ETL
Do you want flexible work hours and an unlimited holiday policy?
Do you enjoy working with tens of terabytes of data?
Do you want to work for a company that’s experiencing double-digit growth with a 9-year track record of profitability?
Are you the kind of engineer who prefers to develop and optimize high performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines at scale?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you need to apply to Sensor Tower!
Ruby engineers at Sensor Tower apply their creativity and backend experience to create meaningful, actionable data products and insights about mobile apps.
This role focuses on designing, implementing, and optimising performant and scalable solutions to manage our high volume data pipelines. As our data is central to the Sensor Tower product, this is a high impact role. Backend Ruby developers at Sensor Tower serve as force multipliers for all of our engineering teams by ensuring easy access to data for all, scaling our system to enable the development of more sophisticated features, and implementing widely used tooling.
Recent examples of such impactful projects include:
- ~10x scaling of data science processing jobs, enabling us to generate more granular mobile app analytics breakdowns.
- Migrating high volume data from MongoDB to ClickHouse for blazing fast, simpler, more generalisable querying.
- Designing an ETL pipeline to provide easy-to-ingest data (for both customers and internal analysts) backed in Snowflake.
- Managing actionable events and notifications driven by newly ingested data.
This role can be fully remote.Fulfil Your Potential With Us
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, game developers, industry analysts and investors. Founded in 2013, Sensor Tower has grown from a $1M seed investment to being profitable and in 2020 we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits include:
- Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work.
- Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness.
- Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄
Get weekly alerts of new jobs from companies not using whiteboard interviews!