Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
Excited about using the latest web technologies?
Interested in solving human problems with a holistic approach?
Curious to experience a managerless work environment?
Look at you sounding like a Reaktorian already 😎
We are looking for a Full-stack Developer to join our Tampere office and solve juicy digital challenges at scale, share expertise with others, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Helsinki, Turku, Amsterdam, Lisbon, NYC and Tokyo.
As a Full-stack Developer you…
- Have 5+ years of professional web development experience.
- Write software from scratch with TypeScript and React.
- Take care of both the technical and human side of projects.
- Are familiar with automated testing & functional programming.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on both the shiny and dirty bits of your repo.
- Can create new backend services and tweak CI/CD pipelines when needed.
- Look forward to taking an active part in shaping your team’s ways of working and programming practices.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Live in Tampere or within a comfortable commute range to be able to work from our beautiful office every now and then.
Working in teams and helping clients is our bread and butter. Reaktor’s cross functional teams consist of Front-end Engineers, Backend / DevOps & SRE specialists, Designers, Data Scientists, and Coaches. We unite our efforts to help future-thinking companies like adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, and FC Liverpool succeed in their world-scale digital endeavours everyday.
We enjoy working on-site and spending time together, but want to offer you an opportunity for remote work whenever you wish, support your home office set-up and provide a remote-friendly working environment.
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe. But what really makes us different is our community & culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance, high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Flexible working hours
- Work trips between EU offices and possibilities for relocation to all of our offices
- Team activities and get-togethers
- Compensation of self-development activities (courses, conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Get paid to do Open Source work
- Company shares
- The latest computer and phone of your choice
- Extended health services and health insurance
- Screens, keyboard, headphones
- An ergonomic home office if needed
- Healthy and not-so-healthy snacks and drinks at the office
- Travel expenses
- Phone subscription
- Home internet expenses coverage
- Company trips twice a year (when the pandemic situation permits)
- And lot more in our ever developing perks and benefits stack
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Providing the most empathetic, safe and supportive experience to every Reaktorian is one of our core values. As well as making the world around us a better place one step at a time.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the future of technology together. Reaktor respectfully encourages applicants of all genders, gender identities and gender expressions, races, religions, ethnicities, countries of origin, age groups, sexual orientations, marital and parental statuses, people with mental or physical disabilities.
This is what happens after you apply:
👋🏽 We’ll start with a brief chat, just to say hi. Hi!
🗣 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better in our Attitude interview. We’ll talk about your past experiences and try to understand how you’d fit in the team.
💻 Next up is our Technical interview. We know, tech interviews can be cringy. But we’ll try our best to be as real-world as possible; no sorting algos here!
💯 Lastly, a chat to discuss some practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
🎉 *celebratory dance*
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄