Senior Software Engineer
Salesloft (View all Jobs)
1. Phone interview 2. Take-home project 3. Cultural-fit interview 4. Technical interview where candidate modifies take-home project
Programming Languages Mentioned
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote - US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are and have empowered our staggering growth to become the #1 leader in sales engagement software.
Salesloft helps brands deliver value and create trust by connecting authentically and meaningfully with their customers. Thousands of customers depend on Salesloft’s category-leading sales engagement platform to engage in more relevant, authentic and sincere ways.
Since our founding in 2011, we have grown into a global, award-winning organization with Lofters based all over the world. As a testament to our organizational health, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ and have been recognized as a top workplace by Forbes, Fortune, Glassdoor, Atlanta Journal Constitution, and Inc Magazine.
We’re redefining an age-old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Check us out on Glassdoor and see what people LOVE about working for Salesloft!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages, and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At Salesloft, our Senior Software Engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Full-Stack Engineering Team working on new technologies in an environment that supports your technical and professional growth.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to create impactful and revolutionary software that is changing the way sellers sell. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can accomplish most or all sophisticated tasks with little direction, significant input on planning and estimation, leads various sessions with their delivery team, significant contributions outside of their delivery team, holds a clear understanding of the business’s goals, and influences others to achieve them.
Someone who can contribute outside the current team i.e contributes to Salesloft blogs, participate in Support Channels, be available for customer support for resolution of critical issues, support key customer calls, and mentor Full Stack Engineers and Support Engineers.
Lastly, we want someone who will recognize when a team member is struggling and take action, be responsible for contributing in planning and grooming sessions, coding, reviewing team members’ code, and providing ongoing support for the production product.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Senior Software Engineer is the career path for you!
Our Salesloft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Software Engineers who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Engineering team consists of Full Stack engineers who work in all areas of the product, with the opportunity to develop in-depth expertise in an area of the platform. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
- 5+ years of experience building large scale web applications
- Experience with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Golang, and Node.js
- Ability to work with React and Angular
- Experience in an environment like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres (Citus), Elastic Search, and Kafka
- Demonstrate ownership over tasks/projects without needing much supervision.
- Have experience with projects of increasing complexity over time across multiple areas or domains of the code/product.
- Make significant contributions outside of their delivery team to team-wide initiatives such as framework/tooling upgrades and library additions.
- Provide significant ownership on planning and estimation. Work with a high level of ownership gets unblocked quickly and helps others get unblocked.
- As needed, lead sessions with a delivery team (retros, planning meetings).
- Mentor Jr. & mid-level UI Engineers.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend Salesloft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our Salesloft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend the half day introduction to Salesloft Engineering, where you will get a high-level introduction to the architecture of the platform and learn the basic processes of the Engineering Team
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and be assigned to a development team.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Regularly commit production code
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be very knowledgeable of your team’s surface area
- Be able to take significant ownership for developing a new feature
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be a lead contributor to team planning and execution
- Be mentoring support engineers on engineering practices and coding standards
- Achieve the results defined in your first set of OKRs
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
It is Salesloft’s intent to pay all Lofters competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Salesloft’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location..
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $106,000 to $182,000.
The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Salesloft embraces diversity and invites applications from people of all walks of life. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄