Sr. Backend Engineer
Splice (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Call with recruiter 2. 4 hr take-home project 3. Video interview w two engs on take-home exercise 4. Video call with hiring manager 5. Video call w VPE & principal eng to talk about architecture.
$150,500 - $175,500
Programming Languages Mentioned
As a Backend Engineer at Splice, you’ll work on one of our teams implementing and maintaining aspects of Splice’s backend services using your knowledge of domain driven design, API design, HTTP, microservices, Golang, and testing. You’ll write production-ready code and deliver improvements that are easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and account for edge cases and errors. You’ll take part in code review, providing insight into ideals and risks of any given approach. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and other teams in engineering to create a flow of value into production.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What you’ll do:
As a Backend Engineer at Splice, you might find yourself:
- Collaborating with your peers in Engineering, Product Management, and Design to support product initiatives and review future implementations, write specifications, and author technical designs
- Writing and distributing RFCs that articulate technical plans to peers, and using their feedback to check for blindspots
- Developing go services, either within our existing API or as separate deployable units
- Participating in on-call schedule, supporting our Customer Experience team to investigate and resolve issues
- Participating in respectful code review to shape not just our code, but the way we think and talk about our work
- For one week every 1-2 months, you will join a 24/7 on-call rotation with training and support of fellow Splice engineers
What we're looking for:
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You continually look for root causes and create opportunities to automate manual operations.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- Hands-on programming experience using Golang
- Experience with AWS, ECS, RDS, ElasticSearch, and other managed services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Payment systems
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄